divendres, 1 de maig del 2009

biomedicine




I choose! I know what I want to do in the university, and the winner is Biomedicine, also known as theoretical medicine, is a term that comprises the knowledge and research which is more or less in common to the fields of human medicine, veterinary medicine, odontology and fundamental biosciences such as biochemistry, chemistry, biology, histology, genetics, embryology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, biomedical engineering, zoology, botanics and microbiology.
In Spain is a new degree, before them it had a branch of Biology, but nowadays only was two branches of Biology: organism branch and food branch, and the health branch now its biomedicine.
Biomedicine is usually not concerned with the practice of medicine as much as it is with the theory, knowledge and research of it; its results render possible new drugs and a deeper, molecular understanding of the mechanisms underlying disease, and thus lays the foundation of all medical application, diagnosis and treatment.
But I’m afraid, because I think that a lot of people want to be this degree, because for the name it’s popular, the people who can’t do medicine will do biomedicine and without information about it. For me this is very bad, because I know that I want to be, for two years and in biomedicine on the UB only is 70 places and a lot of people want to do this degree. I hope that I can enter because it’s my dream! I WANT!